Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Super into this week (Jack Antonoff Edition) ...

The Mojitos we had two Cocktail Saturdays ago barely put a dent in our massive mint bush. We enjoyed then with chips and salsa, the movie "Her" and then had the good fortune to sleep almost 9 hours, a reprieve from our daughter's cruel nightly ritual.

When Chuck bought the Galliano for our Harvey Wallbangers, the cashier said to him: "We used to use that to make Golden Cadillacs, which then quickly was added to-do list of drinks. When that sort of thing happens, the drink becomes your Spirit Drink, which is like a Spirit Animal except you drink it.

Friends: It's pure dessert. Heavy cream, Galliano and Cream de Cacao. He shaved some chocolate to put on top. Then he said, like a crazed maniac, "I'd rather have this than cheesecake." HAHAHA. That's crazy talk.

(Last night we had Moscow Mules -- Ginger Beer, Vodka -- because I saw a photo of Fannie drinking one. I'm not going to count the drink as official until we get the official Moscow Mules Mugs).

So, "Her." It has been said before about me, by me, that I like to watch movies where everyone has good hair. This isn't my most charming characteristic, but it's true. This is all just to say that the fashions of the "Her" era distracted me a little. Not-River Phoenix with his pants to his pits, and all. I like to imagine Spike Jonze giving this a preview screening to close friends who gnaw on their knuckles, unsure if it's supposed to be funny or terrifying or dramatic.

Otherwise, we cranked through a few eps of this web series: "High Maintenance."  If this was 2008, I think I'd really go nutso trying to hunt down the best of the best in web series. That's the kind of thing that happened in 2008.

I've come to really love this song and if it was on Spotify I'd add it to every mix.



I read "The Fault in our Stars" and saw what all the hubbub was about, but I only got fizzy-nosed once so obviously I'm a total asshole. I also finished "Adam" By Ariel Schrag, which I almost quit reading until I realized that it was a contender for Worst Book of 2014, so I had to finish so to properly crown it on December 31st.

Now I keep picking at "Wonderland" by Stacey D'Erasmo when I really want to be reading "Fever" by Megan Abbott and the New Yorker fiction issue. Problemos.

And here is some stuff from the Internet:

I'm a little bit obsessed with Jack Antonoff. Every time I hear a song by fun. I try go into a deep, deep place of fan fiction where I try to imagine what the relationship between Antonoff and Lena Dunham is like. This story answered so many questions for me, including some I didn't know I had. It was a real pleasure to read.

I read "The Fault in Our Stars" without knowing a lick about John Green's whole teen movement. So this story was fascinating. (Sounds exhausting being Green).

And here is a super cute photo of my 11-month-old baby (by Chuck):


Since there is no reason to link to Amazon anymore, I'm scrapping my dinosaur of a series Weakly Reviewed in favor of Super Into This Week. 

No comments: