Monday, February 17, 2014

Vacation: Day 3. Pfft.


In my dream the PBG can crawl. Crawl-crawl. Not this flail and inch thing that she finds so so unfulfilling. It happens suddenly. She's up on  all fours scooting out of the room like one of those bazillion legged insects that pffft across basements.

Needless to say, I can't catch her. 

***

There is also a dream that I'm entertaining a boy band and one of the singers and I decide to play the leads on "Our Town."

***

The problem with shotgunning "Breaking Bad" is that I've missed most of the Olympics. I get up early today to watch women's hockey, only to instead see the cast of the Today show dressed patriotically. 

***

It is snowing in a very snow globe-ish way and the woman across the street is outside in just a robe clearing off her husband's car with a broom. She's wearing footie slippers and stepping into shin deep piles of snow. 

One time I saw her sweeping the street and she said to me "I suppose you think I'm crazy! Sweeping the street!"

***

Eventually it stops snowing and we all go outside and then 1/3 of us get wet hands and make a sad face so 2/3 of us go inside. I shovel and it's awesome. So fun! So healthy! So aerobic! Why haven't I always shoveled?

Oh. Because I used to be weak. And I hated lifting things. Now I'm constantly lifting thing. Person. 

Back inside I notice my arm muscle through my sweater. 

***

Me: What if (the PBG) wants to be an ice dancer?
Chuck: Then we'll let her try it, she'll realize it's hard work and she'll quit. 

***

Me: Gah. I can't wait for the Americans to get out there and bust a nut. 

***

Jimmy Fallon basically stole the choreography from our dance challenge. 911. 

No comments: