Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Just a beardful of Cottage Cheese makes the medicine go down ...

This totally happened. I was leaving the grocery store and there was a bearded man sitting on a bench just inside the doors eating from a carton of Cottage Cheese. Why do I always do this? Think: I bet there is Cottage Cheese in his beard. I bet it is white and clumpy and drippy. And then I do look more closely and I'm right. I must like to be grossed out. Secretly. And then to report my findings publically. Maybe I'm a collector of gross imagery.

Anyway. Last week we painted a bedroom a very brave shade of green. As always, this project begat more projects. Anyway, here Orin models the new color: (Photo by Chuck).



Anyway, here's what I ate in public, read, etc. this past week.

MEALS TAKEN IN PUBLIC

I totally forgot there is a bakery-bakery, fresh-bread bakery even closer than Subway and stopped in to How Sweet it Is on Friday. "I'll take a half sandwich," I told the cashier. He looked at me and said "You understand that the half-sandwich is THIS big and that you'll be eating a half a pound of turkey, right?"
"..."
"The half-sandwich is big enough to be shared by two to three full grown adults"
"Would you recommend the fourth-sandwich then?"
"Yes."
It was so freaking delicious. It made Subway seem like Fast Food cranked down an assembly line. Oh. Wait. Big problem: This place has like cupcakes and cake pops and, well, cake. So if you're looking for me, I'll be nose deep in frosting. 
FAVORITE CONVERSATION
Me: Wait. Did you have two earrings?
Chuck: Yes.
Me: What happened to you?
Chuck: Two things. The 80s and the 90s.

PHOTO DUMP
The Paparazzi caught me playing Draw Something. 

ON THE INTERNET
I think I've been reading This Recording for years and every once in awhile one of the essay (song, picture) mixes jumps out at me. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one about a woman doubling back to visit an old boyfriend with OCD.

READING
Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)by Suzanne Collins: It took me awhile to double back to this series. Book 2 finds the districts in upheaval and Katniss has become a sort of symbol of rebellion. It's all quite exciting.

Full review will be here.

The Long-Shining Waters  by Danielle Sosin: This is the story of three women living on Lake Superior: One in the 1600s, one in the early 1900s and one in 2000. All three are on the precipice of something. It's a nice book. (There is a real soul-ripper of a scene or two, too).

Full review will be here.

No comments: