Friday, August 5, 2011

Yerrit ...

I have a skin tag on the right side of my stomach area. I have a boyfriend who can operate a common razor blade (or fingernail clipper). He one time lovingly eviscerated a pizza blister using just a thumb tack, a camera and a Violent Femmes soundtrack. Make no mistake: He is not a doctor.

He has performed this procedure on himself using whiskey (ingested), ice, a fingernail clipper and the sudden knowledge that "Hey. I could just cut this off myself." Reportedly, it only bled a little.

Should I let him do surgery on my skin tag? And by "Let him" I mean "Make him."

Worst case scenario, I learn that "skin tag" was actually a valve and I deflate completely. Also worst case scenario: I bleed out.

Best case scenario: I have another treasure to keep with the molar that was liberated from the right side of my face earlier this year.

4 comments:

chuck said...

No.

Kate Bee said...

Don't do it. Lie to your doctor at your annual exam and say that it's irritated by your bra or something (substitute anatomy-appropriate item of clothing). I had one under my armpit that my doc took off in under 5 minutes, but I wouldn't have wanted it done without the shot of Lidocaine that she gave me.

Hotrod said...

DO IT!

feisty said...

no way!