Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ruby reds ...

Scene: Saturday's Willie Nelson concert at Bayfront Festival Park.
Costume: Low oxygenated blood colored ankle-high shoes with laces and small heel that cannot be trotted out in public without commentary. They are Fluevogs that Chuck got me a few years ago and fall somewhere between gothic pioneer woman, eccentric roller skater and retired witch, god love 'em.

Woman in her cups: Ohhh. I like your shoes!
Me: Thanks! My boyfriend got them for me.
Woman in her cups: She has good taste.

Me in my head: Did she say "She"?
Overheard as I walked away: Did she say boyfriend or girlfriend?

How refreshing. It's been years since I've been mistaken for a lesbian.

1 comment:

Sproactually said...

Well, if you were a lesiban... you would at least have a reason to come to New York now.

Thank you for making me laugh when I need one. (not the lesbian thing, just in general)