Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thai me a river ...

I'm glad I live in a world where I stumble on photos online like this one from February of 2007, right after my former landlord returned from a life-altering trip to Thailand.

"What do you think he did with all those trinkets he brought back?" Chuck asked tonight.
Exhibit A.
Back when he took yearly trips to exotic locales his one rule was to always wear a Hawaiian shirt on the plane home. Then he would come into the Pioneer with a plastic bag filled with cheap this and thats. A deck of playing cards featuring Thai women. An ashtray for me. Shot glasses. Noise makers. A tray-load of finger sized Buddhas, all in different poses.
I like how JCrew is humoring him here.

4 comments:

chuck said...

I'd like to point out that his T-shirt reads, "I'm a virgin."

nanners said...

This might be the greatest photo ever created.

Christa said...

Also, in parenthesis on the shirt it says: "But this is a very old shirt."

So the comedy just keeps coming.

feisty said...

that is not what i expected landlord to look like....