Saturday, December 26, 2009

While you were sleeping ...

I woke briefly, at about 8 a.m. on Christmas morning. I had no idea where I was. There was a door to my right that I didn't recognize, and I wondered if we had moved and I'd just forgotten. As I became more awake, I realized that I had turned myself in my sleep. I was perpendicular to the way a normal person sleeps in a normal bed. That phantom door I didn't recognize was the closet, which I had never looked at from this angle. On top of that, I was flat on my back, with my knees pulled in toward my chest.

I recognized this as hilarious.

"Chuck!" I called out, not moving. He hadn't gone to bed yet. Different sleep schedules and all. "Come look at how I'm sleeping!"


REENACTMENT! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Turns out I do variations on this yoga somewhat regularly. He said he has come how and found me sitting up, with my legs crossed. Kind of like I was sitting in a lawn chair and it tipped over backward. But I usually only do that one if I'm Halloween-drunk.

No comments: