Sunday, November 1, 2009

Luck be a lady ...



* I went as a gangster last night after ruling out A) a 1990s Proctor danceline dancer (see Geek Prom 2007); B) a hungover celebrity; C) Sabina from "The Unbearable Lightness of Being." I wasn't married to the idea of a gangster. I kind of hoped that someone would look at me and say "Oh! Blah blah blah Pink Pather!" At which point I'd redefine my costume. But at least two people looked at me and said "Oh! A gangster." So I let it roll. In fact, one guy told me I looked like his uncle who lives in NY.

This means I got to get a new hat and wear leggings with tall boots, something I've been itching to do for years.

* JCrew went as a witch. "I left my broom at home," she said. "That's okay," I told her. "You ride that every day."

* A man at The Round Up asked me if I was married. I said "No, but I have a very, very serious boyfriend." He said "Well, she's a lucky guy." She?

* The scariest thing I saw all night: There was a woman dressed as a deviled egg. White felt with a yellow circle in the middle. When she turned around, she had a sharp red tail. She walked around with a tray of deviled eggs, passing them out to the bar folks.

I'll eat some weird stuff. But picturing this woman unpeeling those eggs, a tub of Mayo off to her right, made my stomach recoil in horror.

* I karaoke'd two songs: "Holding out for a Hero" and "Kiss Me Deadly."

* We went to RT Quinlan's, then back to Frenchy's house for crackers, cheese, artichokes and olives.

* I wiped out walking up the steps to our apartment. Skid marks on my hands and shins. I looked like I was beaten by Pontius Pilate.

* I woke up around 7:30 a.m. when Chuck shoveled candy wrappers off my chest and turned off the light. Later I woke to find my leg stuck to the sheets with either Snickers Bar or Peppermint Patties.

No comments: