Monday, August 31, 2009

Now 34 ...



1. I read about Erik and Lyle Menendez, and the gruesome killing of their parents, then Google imaged them to see if they were cute.
2. I chased that with a chapter of "Insomnia," a 700-plus page book I can't complain about reading because Chuck is reading "Infinite Jest," which weighs in at a cool thou.
3. I woke after just 6 hours of sleep and pattered into the world, beaming like it was Christmas. Or, as I like to call it, Christamas.
4. I drank too much coffee.
5. Chuck made me a cake.
6. Blow dried my hair.
7. Received a bouquet of carnations in the shape of a cupcake from Lil Latrell.
8. Got my drivers license renewed, Just. In. Time. Decided to be honest about my weight. (Well, at least in a suburb of honesty).
9. Ate the Monday's Special from Subway, but almost had to ditch it in favor of bulimia when I saw a woman sitting at a table blowing her nose. Loudly. With obvious, gelatinous results.
10. Received a Carmel-flavored iced something from Starbucks from JCrew.
11. Immediately went Pixie Sticks crazy off the caffeine-sugar tag-team.
12. Decided that every person should have a friend like Tuska, who can be on the receiving end of Bristol Stool Scale text messages that just don't translate well on Facebook or Twitter.
13. Chuck woke up and took me out to dinner at Lake Avenue Cafe, where I did tongue laps around my plate until there wasn't any evidence of my falafel platter left.
14. Tonight: OJ Simpson and more "Insomnia."

PS: I've decided to extend this year's birthday through Labor Day. Usually I claim all of August as mine, but this year I only need eight days, and I'm fine to take it in September. Do what you want with that information.

3 comments:

Kristabella said...

That sounds like one hell of a birthday! More than I will do on my actual birthday!

For my 30th birthday, I made it a month-long celebration, starting at the end of August.

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm sorry you had to see that in Subway- usually I try to excuse myself first. Damn allergies.

You know, as long as I stay married I won't ever forget when your birthday is.
;)

J-Money said...

Happy Birthday, yo. Here's to a year of top-shelf novels and high quality werewolf movies. Oh, and for Tori Spelling to remain in the public eye.