Sunday, March 15, 2009

vatican three ...


the most delicious part of having been raised catholic is the mcdonalds' filet-o-fish and shamrock shake combination that the pope insists his people consume on friday's during lent.

this is one of two catholic doctrines that i continue to practice. [the other is that when i wear khaki pants with a collared shirt, i feel like i am in dress code. but because my shirt is not tucked in, i'm in violation of said dress code].

i only allow myself the luxury of the filet-o-fish/shamrock shake once during the month of march. with fries, this meal is upward of 850 calories. this season, i waited until i was excruciatingly hung over to indulge: right this very second.

it. was. fantastic. i come to you with my sweatpants stained with globs of tartar sauce, minty breath, and a green tongue. my innards are teeming with catholic juice.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

we weren't catholic but we were cheap so we lived off the super cheap fillet of fish Friday special at McDonald's. My mom would order extra ones, plain, and freeze them for later. And if you wore green socks on St. Patty's day the Superior McDonald's would give you a free Shamrock Shake.

Sproactually said...

I wish they would bring back the Arctic orange shakes... it's like drinking a creamsicle.

Kristabella said...

I am Catholic, but we never had Filet of Fish growing up. Our Fridays were all cheese pizza during Lent.

I have yet to have a Shamrock Shake this year. The best is if you can get them to do half chocolate, half Shamrock. It's like an Andes candy through a straw!

Maurey said...

My situation has forced me to stop being a fast food snob. I've not done the filet, but I have done ... um ... Arby's.