Tuesday, February 17, 2009

stern words ...


i'm not mad, i'm just disappointed.

now listen here, book i'm reading. i'm giving you until the end of this chapter before i make like a prom mama and ditch you in a dumpster behind the old gym ...

"the most exciting british novel since trainspotting," my ass, word magazine.
"blah blah blah american psycho," my ass, too.

if i wanted to listen to someone scream british slang at me in all caps, i'd just get a college sophomore fresh from a study abroad semester shifaced on jag and say the word "soccer" to him.

[or i'd leave my mom alone in a dark room with a princess diana bio pic. she tends to catch accents.]


tastes like mushrooms slathered in mushrooms.

6 comments:

J-Money said...

Oh wow, I just bought that book in London, liberating it from the clearance table for £3.

I fell for the hype too, but I tend to believe your opinion over that of gum-decorated posters beside the escalators in Victoria station.

Anonymous said...

you seem upset. - fannie

christina said...

um ... it passed the chapter test. onward!

Amy said...

did i warn you, or did i warn you? it pissed me off too.

christina said...

you warned me.

Beverly said...

I hate mushrooms, too! This is why we can be friends.