Friday, February 20, 2009

in the hood ...

[i'm in an elevator. i'm wearing a gold vest with a fur hood. behind me is a short stocky man. he is either looking at me, or i have been getting pure hubris injections right into my mother-vein again. when the other woman in the elevator gets out on the fourth floor, he speaks:]

man: i'm sorry. i'm not staring at you.
man: it's just, your coat. ...
man: in 1987 i really wanted a coat with a fur hood like that. where the fur is full and goes all around your face ... i've been sitting here trying to decide if i should tell you that.
me: thank you?

4 comments:

Beret said...

First of all, your vest sounds really awesome. Secondly, I think it's cool the guy said something. I love random interactions with strangers. Lastly, how weird is it he remembered he wanted a coat like that in 1987 specifically? He didn't want one in 1986 or '88?

Sproactually said...

Makes a good point for pepper spray...

Mach1 said...

Can we get a picture of this coat?

christina said...

it's my profile picture on facebook. and in a few photos here.