Tuesday, January 20, 2009

gift of the magi ...

i spent about 40 minutes on the phone with tivo and charter cable today. this is a fraction of how much time chuck spent on the phone with tivo and charter cable today.

turns out our spontaneous electronics purchase is only cool when it's turned off. the picture freezes, tivo misses whole portions of "the bachelor" and when chuck investigated DIY fixes on those oh-so-helpful and techie message boards ["tivo is stupid!" "you're stupid!" "i like twizzlers!"] he found that this is a common problem. now we have to wait until friday for another cable guy to "fix" it. want to watch live tv? psh. we'd be better off creating in our own youtube dance off.

bad news, right? only kind of. i simply let go of the monday night television that rules my week. it was all very yoga-y. no bachelor, none of the city, no gossip girl, no one tree hill. i'm not even going to watch them online. well, for now.

hasta la pasta, suckoids.

instead i ate waffles and stared at the internet. a much better use of my time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how are you going to know how to twist your hair this week? fannie

Whiskeymarie said...

After wasting much of yesterday in the in-ter-net, I'm kind of wishing that I was having your Tivo/TV problems with my laptop.

Kristabella said...

I cannot get into this season of The Bachelor. I don't know why. It isn't any worse than every other season. I tried watching last week's and I fell asleep on the couch.