[funny, though. in jabbing my brain to come up with 25 things, i doubled back to the list of 100 random things from my first blog. i'd say that 80 percent of the items on that list are no longer true. such a smug little 28 year old i was.]
1. i have been blogging [www.blahblahblahler.blogspot.com] since 2004, so i write at least 25 random things about myself weekly. usually without being asked. pure hubris.
2. ... and when tagged, i never tag anyone back.
3. i have fantastic recall of kindergarten through high school. i'm spotty on college and i've wiped most of the 2000s clean. i only remember that it smells like busch lite and dirty tube socks.
4. i finished twin cities marathon in sixth to last place in 2004. they only had XXL t'shirts left and no fruit. i was trounced by dozens of geriatrics and amputees.
5. i probably drink at least a gallon of water a day, which means i pee every 45 minutes.
6. subsequently, for the first time in 10 years, i've gone close to a year without a urinary tract infection. for a long time i thought i'd have to have a prosthetic tract fashioned out of rubber tubing.
7. i hate unsolicited advice. but i also hate when people ignore the advice i give them, unsolicited.
8. i am more like the high school version of myself than i ever was between 1995 and 2006. without the acne and curfew.
9. my favorite person in the entire world is [chuck]. i think he is the only person in the universe for me. i know this, partly, because he catches sympathy PMS.
10. ideally, my bedtime would be 4:30 a.m. and i would sleep until early afternoon.
11. i hate driving to rochester. i do it as infrequently as possible. when i moved here, i did it at least twice a month for a few years. i can describe in great detail the bathroom in every gas station bathroom between here.
12. i plan to live in duluth forever and ever and ever. i love it here. i can wear a stocking cap every day.
13. toward the end of the summer i was robbed at gunpoint in front of my apartment. i accidentally gave the guy my backpack and reusable grocery bag instead of my purse, which was slung over my body and hidden, apparently. he ended up with a sweaty sports bra, running pants, socks and leftover gazpacho. i could already laugh about that within an hour of the incident.
14. i feel like my facebook friends who read my blog are probably tired of the story about how i got robbed at gunpoint.
15. i was really disappointed when i turned 25 and was too old to be one of the seven strangers on the "real world." now i'm holding out to be a cast member on "ghost hunters."
16. i will not eat anything that has ever been within a three foot radius of a mushroom.
17. my karaoke repertoire includes: "let's hear it for the boy," "borderline," "mad about you," "dreams" by fleetwood mac, "i wanna be your lover" by prince.
18. in the 8-plus years that i've lived here, something like 15ish of my friends have moved. sometimes i'll get one of these old friends stuck in my craw for a whole day and miss the heck out of them.
19. i started cooking about a year ago and really like it. i almost exclusively cook vegetarian meals, not because i'm a vegetarian, but because the chopping of veggies is so fun, and i don't necessarily trust myself handling meat.
20. other hobbies include reading, writing, running.
21. i like to be grossed out: movies by cronenberg and books by palahniuk. if i can actually smell the burning flesh, i am delighted.
22. my favorite employment scenario: one summer i worked at a newly opened italian restaurant with a small crew of fun people and at barnes and noble. this was excellent.
23. it was during this time that i came to loathe art garfunkle.
24. at different points in my life, people have said i look like a) the little girl in that 1991 harrison ford movie "regarding henry"; b) neve campbell; c) jenny mccarthy in the mouth area; d) melissa gilbert
25. on super bowl sunday 1993 i was bet $5 that i couldn't drink a bowl of salsa. i only finished half and spent the entire night crapping my guts out