and so i was forced to be creative:
1. a stack of saltines with a stack of an even amount of cheddar cheese, sliced with thread
2. a stack of saltine, spread with country crock butter
3. saltines topped with a chewed saltine [true story]
4. ruffled potato chips topped with sandwich pickles
5. ruffled potato chips with a dip made from dried lipton soup mix and sour cream
6. vanilla ice cream topped with dry nestle quick chocolate
7. plain rice krispies with nestle quick chocolate
8. nestle quick chocolate mixed with graham cracker crumbs
9. graham crackers topped with wet powdered sugar
not just one of the above, but all of the above, every day.
i thought of this tonight while spreading peanut butter on baby carrots, then eating saltines with butter. then, still hungry, scavenging through the pantry for something i could dump on top of polenta. anything. curry gravy? tomato sauce? my only options were northern beans, jam, oatmeal or a can of black olives.