Friday, September 19, 2008

reason 101 that i love facebook ...

... i wrote some status update saying i was resisting fun and blah blah blah beer and got a comment from tj that referenced some scene where he was tackled into the shrubs outside of the smiling moose -- the bar where i spent ages 22-24ish. [now it's a highway]

i have no idea what in the hell he is talking about. i tackled tj? into the bushes? outside of the moose? hmmm ... sounds like me.

i responded that i had no idea what he was talking about and admitted that my 20s are filled with dead spots.

but! tj was cool. in the same clique my high school boyfriend belonged to. a class older. i always liked him. he was always a little more arty than those pedestrian nerds he hung with. i never felt compelled to make out with him, which was rare, as making out with my boyfriend's friends [when we broke up in five minute increments] was always imperative. as far as i can tell, that is the only reason anyone would make out with a chubby trombone player, seventh man off the basketball team's bench slash jeep owner in 1992.

now tj is a photog in san fran. and engaged. he introduced me to a good book and i hooked him up with some girl i knew who was smart and cute. i am assuming that failed, but beyond introduction, i stayed out of it. that was so long ago i don't remmeber the girl's name. but she made a mean curry. ...


so now i'm IMing with peter, whom fannie snowballed with at the halloween dance in seventh grade. his mom was the secretary at our grade school. i asked him if he remembers this moment on his wall. he replied that it was a song by cheap trick. i added that his witch's nose fell off while they were dancing. he's still writing back. i asked him about the high school boyfriend. all he can tell me is that this guy likes hi-def tv and has three kids. much different from the stoner who knocked on my bedroom window at 2 a.m. some nights.

another story for another time.

god facebook is mint.

facebook is so weird.

right now i'm aflutter about a lot of high school memories. and i don't think that is a bad thing. these were some of my favorite years of my life.

5 comments:

psedivy said...

Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I want you...

Oh didn't I, didn't I, didn't I didn't want you to need me...

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't have remembered it was a cheap trick song...funny that we're still talking about that moment. :) fannie

SuperBonBon said...

facebook is pretty weird. Thanks for the note. I'm still lamenting my loss.

Whiskeymarie said...

I guess if I actually used my real last name on facebook that I'd probably hook up with people from high school, but I'm pretty sure that I'm way too lazy to do that.

It might be worth it, though, if only for the high school dance stories. Hmmm...

Miss Kate said...

I avoid HS people like the plague on FB. When I get friend requests, I send them all into a privacy-controlled list. Purgatory until they message me. So props to you for actually attempting to catch up!

Sometimes I see people I knew from my jersey-chasing days and I want to message them and be all "hey, remember that time we got drunk and couldn't find our shoes and had to walk in the snow barefoot?" but then I realize that probably no one wants to relive those hazy days.