we got here yesterday evening, walked around a bit, ate the worst food i've ever tasted and then at 9 p.m. considered going to sleep. but we powered through: no sleep the previous night? pshaw! go out! it's new york!
"lets have two drinks to celebrate being here and then come back to the hotel," chuck suggested.
we had about 90 drinks, made bffs with some locals and we must have come home at some point ... although i don't remember it specifically but i did wake up in my bed. at like 1:30. then i went back to bed. until 4:30. what a waste. oid. wasteoid.
THINGS LEARNED IN NY SO FAR:
1) just because it's a restaurant, in new york, doesn't mean your entree won't be disgusting.
2) hey. in the dark, that dresser looks like a toilet.
3) chuck is a navigational expert. like, seriously.
4) just because a bar stays open until 4 a.m. doesn't mean you should take last call.
5) central park is for lovers. and batshit crazy squirrels.
6) nothing unhinges repressed catholicism like st. patrick's cathedral. it smells just like st. pius x.
7) i should have worn my other shoes.
8) 24 hour korean market = happy cheese, bagal, banana and gatorade party.
9) sometimes a margarita costs 17 dollars and still tastes like a 5 dollar margarita.