1. clothes hung on a clothesline dry remarkably fast on a warm sunny day. for some reason i feel skeezy hanging chuck's unders out there, but had no problem letting my bras dangle like mini, ineffective wind socks.
2. burt's bees makes shampoo and conditioner that makes my head and the entire apartment smell like someone went gallagher on a honey comb in the kitchen. and it is easier to weed whack seven months of shin hair in the bathtub than shower, but washing my face in this situation feels like i'm drowing in the holiday inn's hot tub.
3. apparently i wear a size 7 3/4 shoe, which means i had to move away slowly from a pair of really cute and really girlie kicks i found on sale at younkers. also i'd like to own some summer dresses, but suspect i'll look about as feminine in one as seabiscuit.
4. most of the things that we forget to clean out of the refrigerator in a timely manner include chickpeas. first chickpeas harden, then they grow fur. hardly disgusting at all, actually. in other news, there is an apple rotting in the front seat of my car that smells amazing. orchardy and fall-like. i give it three days until this is no longer true. and then two weeks later, when i take it out of my car, i bet it will not only reak, but also be the consistancy of toothpaste.
5. it's easier for me to not despise toonses after i've done something terrible to him, like accidentally lock him in the hallway for an hour of peaceful movie viewing.
"where's toonses?" chuck asked.
"hmmm ... i don't know. probably in his favorite chair."
45 minutes later we heard his aggressive mews coming from the back stairs. ooops.