Wednesday, September 26, 2007

lets roll that old odometer ...


before i wake today, my blog will achieve 100,000 career hits. to celebrate the occasion i've, using a green sharpie and scratch paper, handcrafted this special sign for the lucky person who metaphorically rolls the old odometer.

the piece is entitled: the blogolution of blahblahblahler and while i encourage you to intepret the piece as you will -- i'll give you a hint: the smiley faces in the five zeroes represent the five phases of my mood toward blogging in the past almost-three years i've been online.

i've signed it.

the piece is yours, including a first edition framed photo of me giving you a cheerful thumbs up, if you are no. 100,000. good luck!

and for the hundred some of you who don't win tomorrow, please take pleasure in knowing that i have some grand new plans for the direction in which this site is headed. for instance, i'm thinking of walking the length of duluth or developing a taste for shittake mushrooms.

whatever. eventually i have to get off the couch. and when i do, there will be some exciting new features!

15 comments:

Beret said...

Damn, I guess I'm too early.

Whiskeymarie said...

I noticed yesterday that you were getting close. You should eat a Nestle's hundred thousand dollar bar to celebrate.
That, or you could drink a bottle of goldschlager- I hear it's the drink of choice of hundred thousandaires.

first mate said...

99,991 .... drat

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

Ooooo...I'm 99,996...do I still win the prize if leave and come back four more times? ; )

nanners said...

woohoo. i am 100,000. i will hang my prize on my bedroom wall.

CDP said...

I'm it!
I LOVE to win things, so I was checking frequently (no matter that I had no time to do this...one has one's priorities!

christina said...

uh oh! simultaneous hits! we need a tiebreaker.

Anonymous said...

dammit! 100,002

CDP said...

No need for binding arbitration, I'll defer. When you reach 1,000,000 and tshirts and other promotional materials are produced, I'll send my address. Congratulations on 100,000!

feistyMNgirl said...

100,019 is the number of a reeeeal loser: me.

congrats on the milestone. if i am ever at karaoke night the same as you, i will have to sing robert palmer "might as well face it, i'm addicted to blah..."

some guy said...

you're such a dork.

hey, we're hanging with hank this weekend, supposedly.

havington said...

100,034
Maybe I'll be 200,000.

christina said...

i have to admit ... i saw nanners hurdle like ten things en route to becomiing 100,000 ...

christina said...

ps: beret, at 4:26 a.m. i was just barely going to bed. your ambitious morning nature is the things folk songs are written about.

christina said...

pps: chuck got me drunk. per my request.